You are invited to take part in this study on low anterior resection training.
What is the purpose of the study?
This study is investigating two bespoke objective performance assessment tools designed to measure the intraoperative performance of laparoscopic rectal resection. Both have been successfully applied at the specialist level and within randomised trials but there is no data in training settings. This study will assess the face, clinical and predictive validity of the tools as well as their ability to define learning curves and track the progress of 50 UK, Australasian and US trainees across one year.
This study is entirely observational. All perioperative care, surgical technique and involvement of trainees with each case remains with the responsible local clinicians.
More information in the Participant Information Sheet below including:
- What will I have to do if I take part?
- Participant incentives
- What are the possible disadvantages of taking part?
- Will my taking part in the study be kept confidential?
- Who has reviewed the study?
- What will happen to the results of the study and authorship?