- This event has passed.
UK Colorectal Robotic Surgery Conference and Cadaveric Hands-on Dissection Course
7 May 2019 - 8 May 2019
Price reduced to £950 (from £1200) for Dukes’ Club members
This course is designed to facilitate the surgeon with didactic and hands on cadaveric training experience. Conducted by a faculty of experienced surgeons, this is an intensive two day course of lectures, debate, exchange and practical hands on experience on Colorectal procedures using an XI Da Vinci Robot.
A two day intensive course.
DISSECTORS – Will have full access to the Da Vinci Robot with Hands on Procedures and attendance to the Clinical Lectures (Number of Dissectors limited to 8)
NON DISSECTOR – Non Dissectors will have full access to the Clinical Lectures only (10 places)
• Refreshments included
• Course certificate on completion
• Course dinner
• The course uses fresh frozen cadaveric specimens
Upon registration, you will be required to complete an online registration and complete some online modules. This will not only register you as a robotic surgeon to be trained, but will also gain you access to procedure videos and clinical data. The modules will take (1-2 hours) this is a pre requisite of the course, you will be required to complete this assessment
NON DISSECTORS – Clinical Lectures only
• Define the role colorectal robotic surgery in current day colorectal cancer practice
• Appreciate the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence base in this emerging field
• Share best practice on setting up a robotic surgery programme
• Understand the benefits and rationale of offering a colorectal service
• Understand the adjuvant treatment schedule following colorectal surgery
DISSECTORS – Full access to the Da Vinci Robot – with hands on procedures on fresh frozen cadavers and full access to the clinical lectures
• Become familiar with the function and operation of the da Vinci Surgical System
• Appreciate the ergonomics of the da Vinci Surgical system robot and the available robotic instrumentation
• Understand the selection process for patient position, da Vinci surgical team position and robotic surgical approaches
• Learn robotic tissue dissection techniques using monopolar energy