DAMASCUS is an international, prospective study aiming to investigate the international variability in the presentation and index management of acute diverticulitis, and whether there is an association between index management and short and medium-term clinical outcomes including the readmission or re-intervention rates over the subsequent 6 months.
DAMASCUS is a trainee-led study with local consultant support. The study will start in January 2020 and will run for 6 months, with last follow-up data to be collected in December 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is already involved?
- There are over 110 sites signed up across the world. Please contact us if your hospital has signed up and you wish to join the team at your hospital.
- Would I need to get Ethics?
- Ethical approval will be sought within each host nation according to local, state or national policy.
- In the UK, this audit is not considered to be research and as such sites will be able to participate once local clinical audit approval is in place.
- The NICE guidance for the management of acute diverticulitis can be found here to be used for local audit registration.
- Where can I see the full proposal? DAMASCUS protocol
- Sign me up!
- You can download and digitally complete this Expression of Interest Form DAMASCUS EOI Form. Up to 4 collaborators including at least one consultant are invited to join the study.
- For surgical trainees who will change hospitals in before January 2020, please use your future hospital.
- Who do I contact to get involved?
- For more information, please contact us at Damascus.email@example.com.